Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. You keep thinking you're making a point and I'll keep thinking you're dealing in semantics. I think you knew full well my assertion when I asked who has ever forced you to stand for the National Anthem and you still haven't identified anyone.

2. Of course it has. Kaepernick even talked to Military Personnel to determine who he could continue his overt disrespect of the Nation without offending the Military. 

3. And you keep getting it wrong. It is a fact that lack of respect equals disrespect. There's really nothing subjective about it. Now each individual only knows there true intent; however, it does not mean disrespect was not displayed. 

1. And you are wrong in you're thinking about my knowledge of your intentions. The ambiguity in your statement was interpreted differently by me than you had intended it.

2. So you are saying that he stated that he intended to disrespect the nation? I'm just trying to ascertain how you are aware of his motive with such certainty.

3. A lack of respect does equal disrespect, that is valid and sound. I am not contesting that. My argument is that Kepernick's actions being seen as disrespectful or lacking respect towards the nation is a subjective view. What you interpret as disrespectful, others do not. The entire concept of respect is not quantifiable, it is not something that is based in fact and therefore cannot be objectively measured. That is the flaw in your argument and what I am trying to point out. Until you can recognize that respect and the potential lack thereof is completely subjective, there can be no productive discussion on the topic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Belsnickel - 05-25-2018, 12:12 PM