Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 12:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: 1. And you are wrong in you're thinking about my knowledge of your intentions. The ambiguity in your statement was interpreted differently by me than you had intended it.

2. So you are saying that he stated that he intended to disrespect the nation? I'm just trying to ascertain how you are aware of his motive with such certainty.

3. A lack of respect does equal disrespect, that is valid and sound. I am not contesting that. My argument is that Kepernick's actions being seen as disrespectful or lacking respect towards the nation is a subjective view. What you interpret as disrespectful, others do not. The entire concept of respect is not quantifiable, it is not something that is based in fact and therefore cannot be objectively measured. That is the flaw in your argument and what I am trying to point out. Until you can recognize that respect and the potential lack thereof is completely subjective, there can be no productive discussion on the topic.

1. I'll take you at your word that you did not understand my point when I asked who who has ever forced you to stand

2. Of course he did: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," 

3, The US code of how to show respect when the Anthem is played is quantifiable and is in no way subjective; regardless how many times you say it. As I have said their intentions are only known to them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - bfine32 - 05-25-2018, 12:19 PM