Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 09:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The unfortunate truth about this all right now is that the movement in the NFL has failed. Not because the NFL made their policy decision, that is irrelevant. It failed because the conversation never really got to the issues the protesters were trying to bring attention to. I think this is a combination of failure in method as well as people unhappy with the message running a counter-message to shove the real intention under the rug.

(05-25-2018, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  The problem was that it was so vague and poorly planned when it started.  Kaepernick had no real goal for what had to be done in order for him to stop protesting.  That allowed everyone who opposed him to claim he was protesting the wrong things or for the wrong reason.

If he had come out and said something like "I want an independent prosecutor appointed for all cases where a police officer is accused of misconduct.' we would not have all these people claiming "He encourages cop killers" and things like that.

Agreed.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - PhilHos - 05-25-2018, 12:20 PM