Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem
(05-25-2018, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. I'll take you at your word that you did not understand my point when I asked who who has ever forced you to stand

You've already said that once and then brought it up again.

(05-25-2018, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. Of course he did: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," 

Pride and respect are not synonyms.

(05-25-2018, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3, The US code of how to show respect when the Anthem is played is quantifiable and is in no way subjective; regardless how many times you say it. As I have said their intentions are only known to them

Does the USC state that is the only way to show respect? Your argument is rooted in the formal logical fallacy of denying the antecedent.

If you are following the USC, then you are respecting the flag/anthem.

You are not following the USC, so you are not respecting the flag/anthem.

The conclusion doesn't logically follow and your argument is invalid.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem - Belsnickel - 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM