Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules
(05-31-2018, 08:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I could sincerely make legal arguments in either direction. I think another component to it is that blocking someone on Twitter means they are unable to see your tweets. So it isn't just being able to speak to the position, but it also removes access.

I am sure it could be done, I just wonder how feasible it would be (and how the courts would feel about it) to create a class of "verified" accounts that are government, where the reply capability is turned off. The ability to retweet would need to remain, for information to spread. I'm on the fence with regards to tagging/mentions.

Any official statement needs to be made through a press release.  Lots of people don't use twitter.  So there is no purpose for an "official" twitter account.

But since Trump makes policy statements on his twitter account he should not be allowed to block part of the public from seeing them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump cannot block critical Twitter users, court rules - fredtoast - 05-31-2018, 08:50 AM