Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA
(06-01-2018, 02:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "EPA spokesman Jahan Wilcox defended the purchases, saying in a statement Friday morning that they “were made for the purpose of serving as gifts to the Administrator’s foreign counterparts and dignitaries upon his meeting with them. This adheres to the same protocol of former EPA Administrators and were purchased using funds budgeted for such a purpose.”

Now I am no fan of Pruit by any means, nor Trumps anti-environmental stances as its all fake news to him.

But the only thing I would like to know was what kind of things like this were purchased under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. I have to think a lot of things like this have been done for decades now, its just more newsworthy to report nowadays because of Trump and his minions running things.

Oh, I know. Being a pen nerd I know about the pens that have been used and handed out for bill signings and what not. I actually know what these things tend to cost, which is why my commentary was what it was.

That all being said, I am against these sort of gifts on many levels, always have been.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA - Belsnickel - 06-01-2018, 02:56 PM