Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA
(06-01-2018, 03:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I once bought a pen for like 30 bucks or something, thinking this will be the pen to end all pens. I was back to the ones you get in a 5 pack for a few bucks within a week lol.

But yeah, those kind of gifts are over the top. Maybe from the President is ok, but EPA or a departmental head?  Trump campaigned on wasteful spending, but some things never will change I guess.

Yeah, I have pens that cost close to $200, and that is relatively inexpensive in the realm of fine fountain pens. That being said, my every day fountain pen was around $70. None of these pens are made of silver (though some have gold nibs), they are made of a type of plastic, steel, or aluminum. So a pen costing over $100 a pop made of silver? That's going to be a crappy writer, and I'm all about function over form.

Anyway, I don't buy pens that are wicked expensive much, anymore, but I am still very picky about my writing instruments. Like preferring pigmented ink that is of an archival quality and a very fine point.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA - Belsnickel - 06-01-2018, 03:07 PM