Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-02-2018, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because there are Christians that feel homosexuality is a sin (as it is written) and there are Christians that consider pride as one of the 7 deadly sins. So she could have viewed it much differently that you and I do not think she felt the need to ask someone of their interpretation. 

OK, there's still a clear intention behind using those jerseys in the first place, why they were used, and it was not to promote sin, but to ask for equality for gays (etc.) and an end to discrimination. Because of course it is about that. And not about being so proud of one's gayness that it amounts to a deadly sin. That sounds a bit absurd. 

Now if she views it differently, ok. I'd still think that's a bit self-centered and ignorant to only think one own's interpretation is relevant, and that the intentions of the people behind it can't alter that; and for sure many people will view her actions as being against tolerance and pro discrimination. Which is not an outlandish interpretation of her refusal to play in such jerseys. And then people boo. I wouldn't, but I don't take issue with that.

Since you asked how folks view the story, that's probably it. No scandal, one strange motivation, and a piece of unnecessary Christian stubbornness. She can't have possibly believed she can't go to heaven if wearing that jersey. If she had thought that, well, I'd consider that extreme.
-
If the jerseys had just said "no discrimination!" instead of "pride", would her actions be less understandable to you? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - hollodero - 06-02-2018, 01:13 AM