Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House
(06-05-2018, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump certainly pushed the polarization to even further extremes, for which he deserves blame.  The reaction to Trump has been almost equally (in some cases precisely equal) polarizing.  Will it snap back to previous levels once Trump is no longer POTUS?  It's possible, but we may have reached a point of no return.  I think we're going to need a superior candidate, from either party, that is actually able to unite people across party lines.  The difficulty in finding this person is that both parties are more concerned about ideological purity then they are about the welfare of the United States.

I hear ya, I just think we went from electing people who care more about their side than the welfare of the country to electing a guy who cares more about himself than the welfare of the country, is all.  Maybe if Trump owned Pepsi and as soon as he got elected he started telling everyone how much Coke hates America his agenda wouldn't be too subtle for the average American to grasp.

Other presidents were politicians.  In 2016 we decided that we hated politicians so much that we elected a guy who bragged about the fact that he had no experience nor interest in being a politician.  It's possible that the 2020 and 2024 elections and onward are centered around debates where both candidates brag up how little they resemble actual politicians.  Anyways, like a business Trump is out for Trump, not anyone else, so even showing paper-thin political courtesies for the sake of "his party" are off the table, it seems.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nately120 - 06-05-2018, 01:00 PM