Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-05-2018, 08:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: There's something to that. It's just, gay people aren't just different, but many still view them as inferior, or sick, or an abdomination - and act on those beliefs. Signs of tolerance for a minority (like jerseys) aren't moot as long as these treatments still prevail in a society. It's about normalization by means of special attention, not about special attention for special attentions' worth.

Well, maybe.  My good friend (whom I consider my younger brother) is a black man.  Every February, when black history month happens in the US, he always says "If you really want to know black history, just hang with me for a month.".   I've known him for over 25 years, dating back to before we were teammates in Semi-Pro ball.  We still speak on at least a weekly basis.  My point about mentioning this relationship is this;  The only way to truly know the person that is different from you, is to actually get to know them.

He actually despises "Black history month",  he says "every month is black history month", and follows up with "we don't need a month of our own, we just want to share all months..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - SunsetBengal - 06-05-2018, 10:23 PM