Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-06-2018, 02:59 PM)Dill Wrote: People who created and currently support a Black History Month would agree that every month should be shared history month. They created and support Black History Month because they don't think US history is currently "shared."  Every month is white history month and always has been. Hence the desire to elbow their way to some visibility.

So I can't tell from your description if your friend thinks every month is already "shared" or if he would like to see that happen. If he says every month "should" be shared then maybe he does not. Adequate representation is a goal still to be achieved.

That brings us to the puzzling part. If he thinks we "should" share then I don't see why he would object to a month which levers in some visibility for black history in the US. Is it that he really doesn't object to Black History Month; he just wishes we didn't NEED it because black history is already sufficiently woven into the fabric of US history and American life?

If he thinks black history is already covered just fine, then that is puzzling too.

I think (and only because I've known him for almost 30 years) that what he means is no need to only think about black American history on one particular month, but to have a better representation in teachings of American History.  I also know that he doesn't like special considerations because he's black, he wants what he deserves because he worked for it and earned it.  (does that make any sense?)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - SunsetBengal - 06-06-2018, 03:08 PM