Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge who sold juveniles to jails gets 28 yrs
(09-04-2015, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay we have about 4 people talking in a circle about the same thing.  Instead of quoting one of them I am just going to repeat my point.

Private businesses are way more corrupt than the government.  In fact almost every time a government becomes corrupt in an area is because of influence from a for profit interest.  The reason for this is that the motive to make profits rewards corruption in the free market.  Almost all government corruption involves selling favors or influence in return for money from a business interest.  Government contracts with private suppliers are also a major source of waste, especially in the defense industry.

So I am not saying that people in government are better people then those in private business.  Instead I am just saying there is more corruption in the private free market because there is a greater reward in that system.  

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely".....So there are some people in government who get drunk with power and abuse it (mostly police officers and judges).  We have to keep that in check, but it is only a miniscule portion of government corruption, and the rest is almost all directed toward corruption for profit.

So I don't see how anyone can claim that privatizing the prison system will lead to more corruption without admitting that the influence of corruption is much greater in the private free market.

For me it has nothing to do with potential government.  The government is taking away their freedom and are responsible for them and their protection.  Once in prison you are virtually incapable of doing anything for yourself so the people who decide you need to go there need to be directly responsible for you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Judge who sold juveniles to jails gets 28 yrs - michaelsean - 09-04-2015, 02:03 PM