Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-06-2018, 09:15 PM)Dill Wrote: Looks like all the "hate" and "blind irrationality" are aligned with the people who don't want to discriminate.

Whereas "this lady" has only expressed/upheld "personal convictions"; how can convictions be bigoted and hateful if they are "personal"?

But can it be my personal conviction that homosexuality is sin--AND that gays still deserve full equality before the law, the same rights as everyone else?

Saying that I still "love" gays or don't want to protest gay marriage laws doesn't mean that I don't think they are depraved and very unequal because of who they are.  

No indication that this lady wants to discriminate against anyone. 

I have no idea why you felt it necessary to use quotes on the words you chose (I can only assume that you are questioning whether she is a lady or her convictions are personal), but this lady did nothing bigoted or hateful. The only person she hurt was herself she displayed no intolerance or hate of anyone.

Sure it can and that is where I see this lady's comments directed. My grandma thinks drinking is a sin, but I doubt she thinks those that drink should not have the same rights as everyone else.

Once again no indication she thinks anyone is very unequal. It's just an assumption made by "people who don't want to discriminate".*

* I used quotes because you assume to classify yourself and others that would boo/slur this lady as folks that don't want to discriminate and I question that.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - bfine32 - 06-06-2018, 09:36 PM