Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-07-2018, 02:22 PM)Dill Wrote: Now and then, there is need for an LOL.

Good, we are back on track.

To recap: I think that Hinkel supported discrimination against gays by refusing to wear the rainbow jersey and said why in a notoriously anti-gay venue.

You agree that sin degrades human existence and gays are sinners so their existence degrades human existence in general, and that is why Hinkel would not wear the jersey--because gayness, and acceptance thereof, degrades human existence.

But you deny any connection between Hinkel's anti-gay affirmation and bigotry and discrimination.

Rather, you find criticism of Hinkel "simpleminded," irrational, and hate-driven.  She only expressed her "personal convictions" and only refused to wear a "piece of clothing."

Could one assume, at this point, that you think Hinkel wasn't discriminating against gays because her assessment of their degrading presence in society is correct?  She is doing the right thing and that is why she is not a "bigot"?  Just a question.
As I said: Beliefs cannot discriminate, but your belief that she supports discrimination because she refused to wear a jersey and mentioned it in a notoriously anti-gay venue, is nothing more than your belief. This is what she said  “I just felt so convicted in my spirit that it wasn’t my job to wear this jersey,”. That leaves the "open-minded" to demonize her, consider her a bigot, and someone who discriminates.

You questions at the end have already been answered. I do not think she was discriminating against anyone by providing comments on her beliefs. She has done nothing to show that she has hate and intolerance (a bigot) toward anyone different than her. Some have in this very thread though. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread