Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions
(06-07-2018, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I never said anything like that.  In fact I posted her quotes from the day same sex marriage became legal to show how she felt the Bible, which labels homosexuality as a sin, was the truth, and how the world "getting more corrupt", and how Christians needed to pray for them to be "saved" from their homosexuality. 

Remember earlier when I asked how many Christians would be honest?

Do you believe that she thinks homosexuals are sinners and that sinners deserve punishment for their sins?

Do I believe she thinks homosexuals are sinners? Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. The reason I'm not sure is that the Bible doesn't say homosexuals are sinners, but rather that homosexual sex is a sin. Seeing as a lot of Christians make a LOT of mistakes on what the Bible says, I would not be surprised if she considered homosexuals as sinners.

As to the 2nd half of your question, most Christians (if not all) believe that ALL sinners deserve punishment for their sins regardless of what that sin was. The only question is if they recognize that it is not HUMANITY's place to punish the sinner but God's.

I've not seen anything from her words that would suggest anything other than treating gay people with love and respect. If those kinds of sentiments are worhty of derision and booing, that says more about the person doing the deriding and booing than the one receving them.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player gets booed for upholding personal convictions - PhilHos - 06-07-2018, 06:36 PM