Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-12-2018, 04:30 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm cautiously optimistic over this.

As an idealistic pragmatist, I get this.

What I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be is just a photo op. The word going into the meeting was that there was a lot of ground to cover, and four hours isn't going to do it. The "comprehensive document" is likely just a commitment to continue conversations, though we won't know for certain until the details of the document are released. This is going to be a process that will take years to negotiate, so we will have plenty of time to pick it all apart.

A couple of things to note. This was Pompeo's show. Bolton was pushed to the sidelines after his stupid remarks about Libya. If we see Bolton come back into this process in a more elevated role, we should start being concerned. Also, Kim played up a great image to his folks back home with his night on the town.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Belsnickel - 06-12-2018, 08:59 AM