Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-12-2018, 11:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, it was a win in the sense that it was a reverse of the utterly failed US tactics of the past 60 years.  I take a different view, changing tactics when the old tactic is a proven failure, at every level, is smart.  If you're of the opinion that a photo op he can brag about back home is too high a cost to potentially stabilize a situation that has been volatile for over half a century then nothing Trump is doing here will please you.  I stand by the statement, we've started a very important process and we gave away nothing to do it.

My concern is that the decision to make this face-to-face a step so early in the process reduces leverage for us. Your mischaracterization of my opinions aside, we did give up leverage. Those intangibles can be very important in these processes.

(06-12-2018, 11:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As an aside, anyone hear Acosta shouting out questions during the event?  I'd revoke that guy's press credentials yesterday.  

Yeah, I'm not as hard on Acosta as a lot of people, but that was cringeworthy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Belsnickel - 06-12-2018, 11:51 AM