Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-13-2018, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Zona does a good job of pointing out my issues with this type of comparison.  I know there's an element of jest in your initial post, but this type of comparison is made by some in the US at an alarming rate.

Yeah it sure was more of a joke in this case. That being said, I can't quite go as far along with you as to consider calling Trump an autocrat to be outright silly. Not that I want to defend exaggerations, but there are certain signs that it's not outrageous to see him in that light... 

...loyalty pledges, calling the press Americas enemies (as of today, Americas "biggest" enemies), attacking the judiciary, wanting to interfere with FBI investigations and the DOJ, attacking institutions (up to comparisons with Nazi Germany) while trying to undermine them and claiming victimhood, feeding and promoting a distinct pro-Trump network with having close personal relations to several hosts, villifying opponents, and of course praising other authoritarians while dismissing democratic leaders. All this and more paints a picture to me where you can't really take too much issue with being seen as having authoritarian tendencies. Is it exaggerated often, sure. Doesn't mean there's nothing there at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - hollodero - 06-13-2018, 12:59 PM