Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-13-2018, 05:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can suggest the meetings didn't happen prior simply because other US Presidents didn't want to meet with NK, but the reality is they wanted to meet they just couldn't work out the details. Why did Clinton send Albright over there twice to try to work something out? Because he didn't want the meeting? I suppose SK should be ashamed that they legitimized the regime by not only conducting a meeting of Presidents but even participated on the same team with them in the Olympics.

I suppose Trump just doesn't know how it works if he cannot see the benefits gained from all these other Presidents not wanting to meet face to face and legitimize the regime.

A meeting between Kim and POTUS elevates the regime on the world stage. No prior POTUS was willing to do this without a ton of conditions worked out, which I take as meaning they did not want to do this. The Kim family has been trying all along to do this. Trump having a meeting with Kim doesn't take much effort on his part because of this.

Also, trying to draw an equivocation between POTUS meeting Kim and Moon is asinine. The status is different because of the difference in the nations. Even meeting the Xi isn't the same because of the relationship with China. Because of the status of the US economically, as a world leader, and as an adversary, the heads of state meeting is uniquely elevating.

And Trump doesn't know how any of it works. Whether it's foreign or domestic policy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Belsnickel - 06-13-2018, 05:26 PM