Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-14-2018, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Making personal attacks while complimenting others on refraining from doing so.

Personal attacks need to be directed at a person.  Bpat's post mentions no one by name.

It is up to the reader to determine WHO was "dismissive" or "engaging attacks unrelated to the topic" or "making up stuff or intentionally mischaracterizing posts" based on the evidence actually afforded by posts in this thread.

It is also up to the reader to determine WHETHER Bpat's "attacks" are really attacks--or descriptions of how some actually behave. Separating "attacks" from descriptive statements is a requirement of accurate analysis and honest civil discourse. (E.g., if I claim that, according to our Intel services, Kim Jong Un ordered the death of his uncle and half brother, the North Korean press would call this an "attack" on the Dear Leader; most posters in this forum, having been raised in the US, an open society with a free press, would see the statements as descriptive and true. Certainly my claim shows Kim in a bad light, but most here would say it is Kim's own behavior, not my statements, which make him look bad.)

In short, there is no "personal attack" if 1) no person is named and 2) if some unnamed persons have actually engaged in the behavior referenced.  In the case of Bpat's post, there is only an exhortation for all to do better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - Dill - 06-14-2018, 05:11 PM