Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-14-2018, 05:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It isa measuring stick that worked all the way to the White House.

Yes.
That doesn't justify it though. You act like it does. I challenge that logic.

(06-14-2018, 05:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's fine to say he's playing to his base, but I see no correlation between him proclaiming NK is no longer a nuclear threat and him not knowing how it works.

He knows perfectly well how it works and has a shinny white house to show for it.

There's also no correlation that he does know how it works. All that he says and states and claims and tweets - as your own viewpoint suggests - gives no insight into that. The only thing one can say is - he knows that some folk believe anything he says and hence he says bombastically positive things. That's all the understanding he actually displays.
Conduct unworthy of a president. Says me.

-
And yes, it got him to the White House. That doesn't show his ways are brilliant, it show that the american voting system is anything but. That's a fair way to look at things.
Also, and sure that's just a personal assumption I know you could somewhat share, you don't have to be that much of a genius to overcome an incredibly dumb political opponent that runs with the disaster that was Hillary Clinton. That's just severe political failure. I get that part.

But aside from that... that shiny white house line just works better with Americans, I suppose. Not so much with the observer. We don't see every US president as inherently ingenious, in this case we (well, most of us) see Trump as an incredibly low point in American history. The white house doesn't lift him up, he humiliates it. (In the sum of things, not with the summit.)

(- Sorry about that to all Americans, I'm just trying to stay honest.)

(06-14-2018, 05:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I think he spouts off things that are based little in fact, but it's a small price to pay for results and many eat it up. Folks have the opportunity to make a difference in 2020. I wish they would realize that instead of hanging on every tweet.

Yeah... folks hang on every tweet because of guys like you. That's true for me. I just can't wrap my head around that. I get that some people are blind followers, that he has a base. I get the two parties and tribalism. I can't get how smart people find (which is impressive enough) and then argue incredibly swaying logical bridges to go along, or at least be somewhat fine, with Trumpism. And in the end, actively or passively, give him the majority.

-- Sad thing is, regarding North Korea I even were wiling to give Trump some credit, and certainly the best wishes. But when he declares "threat eliminated" and hence makes such an ass of himself and such a joke of it all, I just can't do it any longer.
Are there any "results" to level that all out, make all of it irrelevant? Not to me, no. The only thing that was achieved with the summit is SK and others being irritated and not knowing what to make of all that - and both men being mighty proud of themselves. Everything else is wishful thinking or assuming the most positive possibility will become reality. I wish for peace and don't care who delivers it, but that doesn't make me assume anything could be a first step and hence all Trump does shall be overseen and forgiven. 

I mean, yesterday he doubled down on previous outrageous statements and called some media America's biggest enemy. That's just not ok, not even to be silently tolerated, not even when he just met a mass murderer and signed a nothing document even Pompeo had to explain as having little relevance. I have a hard time trusting a man like that with anything, no matter how many chose him over Hillary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - hollodero - 06-14-2018, 07:19 PM