Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document
(06-15-2018, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: A POTUS doesn't return it back. Obama never did. Bush/Clinton never did. Reagan never did to Iran. That's desperate spin from Trump supporters looking for excuses. You give a thumbs up or shake their hand like Obama did (and got slammed for by the same people turning a blind eye to Trump saluting a General of an enemy army). Veterans are outraged, and you can find their responses on Twitter etc if you really want to. But you probably don't because you don't want to see anything wrong with it. I'm over arguing about it tho. You think any POTUS would have returned the Heil Hitler to Hitler meeting him prior to the war? Saluted a General of AL Queda or ISIS? Exactly. Watch videos of how our military handled the surrender of Japan aboard the USS Missouri after the war. No one return saluted them during their meeting. These people's sole mission is the destruction of America. Feel free to salute those who want America blown off the map tho while slamming black athletes for kneeling during some song from the 1800's.

Trump is a disgrace on multiple fronts, but he shouldn't be held at a different standard because you guys accept that he's a disaster. Or spin as his brilliance because he's the only fool to do something like that. That's not an excuse in my book. We must hold all Presidents to the same standard, and quit excusing Trump for doing what all other Presidents new better, were better prepared, and more knowledgeable about governing.

No doubt it's a "desperate spin from Trump supporters looking for excuses". Yet you go on to compare it a president giving the Heil Hitler sign, a surrender of a military conflict, and member of terrorist organizations, as opposed to sovereign Nations.

Maybe, just maybe it might not be the "Trump supporter that is digging for ways to make this nothing into something. As I said Trump went to shake dude's hand, dude saluted Trump, Trump instinctively returned the Salute.  I don't do twitter so I cannot see the veteran outrage to which you are referring; however, I am retired Military, and work with active, former, and future service members daily. I haven't seen this outrage to which you refer. But if they think someone that has been a businessman for 70 of his 72 years on earth should know as much about Military customs and courtesies as they, then I question their motives.

Now disrespecting the Salute by Saluting a US Service member with a coffee cup in your hand, is an entirely different subject IMO.

Personally, I do not see why the president should Salute unless he/she is a former service member.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump, Kim sign "comprehensive" document - bfine32 - 06-15-2018, 02:47 PM