Poll: Has democracy ended in the United States?
Yes. We have one party rule.
No, as long as I get what I want.
No, but it is in danger.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has democracy ended in the U.S.?
(07-03-2018, 12:41 PM)Dill Wrote: This is why we need to be careful about claiming "both sides do it."  To make that work you have to construct evidence that fits the theory rather than base the theory on empirical evidence.

Many real leftists might actually be for an open border.  But the vast majority of Democrats are not leftists and do want an open border. Don't put Trump's words in liberal centrists' mouths and then represent them as "leftists."

Also, the reference to the scientific consensus on global warming certainly is "leftist," not to mention liberal centrist, and questioned by the right. But you have decided call that reference "realist," rather than point out that in this case, "both sides" don't do it.

How can the vast majority of Democrats want an open border, yet not be leftist? You lost me there. 

Regardless I was just using rightist and leftist as broad example about homers on both sides blindy defending/supporting whatever misguided stuff they may believe in. Which was in reference to Bels point on the division happening right now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - Millhouse - 07-03-2018, 02:03 PM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM