Poll: Has democracy ended in the United States?
Yes. We have one party rule.
No, as long as I get what I want.
No, but it is in danger.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has democracy ended in the U.S.?
(07-03-2018, 03:06 PM)Dill Wrote: I responded to your post because I don't see any real factual support for your examples of "both sides" blinding defending supporting misguided stuff.

I have heard Trump claim that Democrats want open borders. Can you quote some Democrats who call for an "open border"?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/27/us/politics/fast-check-donald-trump-democrats-open-borders.html

If you cannot, then it is not an example of one side "blindly" defending anything. It is an example of blindly accepting Trump's definition of reality and "leftists."  Trump lies daily and constantly. You cannot take what he says Democrats say as prima facie evidence,  and then claim they are "utopian" or blindly following whatever without checking what they actually say.

While the "left" agrees with the scientific community on climate change, there is nothing especially "leftist" about that, and such agreement is not confined to the left, though disagreement is now a majority view on the right.

"Both sides" are probably equally guilty of things like sexual misconduct or campaign corruption, but "both sides" are not equally, blindly defending/supporting "misguided stuff" in the sense of disputing or ignoring the historical record or denying current accounts of, say, the Russian intrusion into our election or accepting claims that millions of illegals gave Hillary the popular vote.  Both sides just aren't doing that. Claiming they are just continues the disconnect from reality.

You are taking what I said way too serious.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - Millhouse - 07-03-2018, 03:17 PM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM