Poll: Has democracy ended in the United States?
Yes. We have one party rule.
No, as long as I get what I want.
No, but it is in danger.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Has democracy ended in the U.S.?
(07-03-2018, 03:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: You are taking what I said way too serious.

Sorry, Mill. I have nothing against you personally. You generally make thoughtful contributions to threads which I appreciate, whether I agree or not. My comments are aimed at the comparison.

(07-03-2018, 03:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote:
   Must've had a typo there by leaving 'not' out of that sentence.

To be a little fair on this point, there were quite a few 'open border' protesters out in full force last weekend that the media covered. Many had signs up saying 'Open Borders, No Walls" , or signs saying that a person cant be illegal for crossing a border, or the like.

Now granted this was a small percentage of the left, the media sometimes doesnt make that distinction. Kind of like how some posters in here don't make the distinction between those on the fringe right who are racist neo-nutjobs and the rest of the right.

Yes, and I appreciate the charitable reading.

I don't doubt you saw "open border" posters, but I am guessing there were real leftists among the protestors too, as there are not among the party leadership. The best way to determine what Democrat policies are, though, is to look at their policies, voting record, and the statements of party leaders.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - Dill - 07-03-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 01:10 AM
RE: Has democracy ended in the U.S.? - J24 - 07-03-2018, 12:33 PM