Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing
(07-12-2018, 12:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's the "middle ground" I am talking about.  If nothing had been found then no changes needed to be made.  But rather than work with the community and work for change they have (apparently) just quit doing some of the job.

And that's why I said it might take better training (money & time) to fix anything.

I'm sure I have posted before that training is the key to all of this.  Something other countries invest more in than we do here.

My approach would be to have everyone working together rather than casting unfounded accusations OR being defensive to every accusation.

But what about the training needs to be changed? I think that is something that needs to have more time spent on it.

I think a lot of people in this conversation don't understand the evolution of law enforcement to present day, or even the theories that are the basis of modern day policing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing - Belsnickel - 07-12-2018, 01:08 PM