Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing
(07-12-2018, 01:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But what about the training needs to be changed? I think that is something that needs to have more time spent on it.

I think a lot of people in this conversation don't understand the evolution of law enforcement to present day, or even the theories that are the basis of modern day policing.

Awhile back I posted about how police in England are trained more in how to diffuse situations and in dealing with the citizens...that would be a good start.

Maybe ALL of the training needs looked at because there are issues.  And when you have issues training people who can take your freedom, property and life it needs constantly monitored.

There are CLEARLY smart people who look at and understand these things...but will anyone listen to them?  There will be resistance to any change or any "egghead" that wants to discuss possible changes.  Heck there are people right here on this board that see no issues at all except citizens complaining about police "doing their job".

Everyone needs to pull their heads out of the dirt and look at each other and work together to try and make things better.  Not perfect.  Better.

We would all be better off.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baltimore police stopped noticing crime after Freddie Gray's death. A wave of killing - GMDino - 07-12-2018, 01:13 PM