Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no proof that Jesus existed
(07-12-2018, 03:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I believe the earliest known copy of the gospels was a portion of a copy of Mark and it was dated to around 90 A.D. Only around 20 years after the gospel of Mark was supposedly written (70 A.D.).

Also, Luke would definitely be considered a historian since that was the whole purpose of his book. The others, not so mcuh.

Safe to say that texts from which the canonical gospels were derived were set down between 50-90 CE, but likely in many variations. They were handwritten and circulated amongst the faithful. The earliest text fragment we have I think is from 125--that is a fragment, not a whole text. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papyrus_106#/media/File:P106-Joh-1_29-35-POxy4445-III.jpg.  We do not have any of the original texts.

Luke, like all the Synoptic Gospels, is itself a compilation of other, unnamed sources (Q and L, as well as Mark). I wouldn't call Luke a "history" in the modern sense, but a story or narrative of Jesus life. A religious biography.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no proof that Jesus existed - Dill - 07-12-2018, 03:54 PM