Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no proof that Jesus existed
(07-13-2018, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: I remember reading something about this once (but I honestly forget the details which is why I bring it up again):   I wonder why they left such a glaring contradiction in the bible when they were reaching a "final" version over the years?

Well, one theory is that it was done by men to keep women in their place, so to speak. The most important part of the Adam and Eve tale is that it was the woman, not the man, that fell to sin by eating the fruit off the forbidden tree. And from then on man was greater than woman, again so to speak according to that old theory.

Of course this is purely a political/power kind of theory, but based on history when it came to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in antiquity up until the modern age, women were always secondary to men in everything, and had virtually zero rights compared to men. This wasn't true with other ancient cultures at the time in Greece, Rome, and Egypt, at least to that extent, so maybe there is some truth to it afterall.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no proof that Jesus existed - Millhouse - 07-13-2018, 01:57 PM