Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no proof that Jesus existed
(07-13-2018, 02:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get that conclusion.  I'm just adding that if he's going of oral stories and then matching them up to the gospels he made an assumption.

Somewhere in the back of my head I remember reading that the Roman's kept pretty good records of their executions but that Jesus' wasn't found in them?  

this whole thread is rattling things long buried in my brain that I can't remember 100%!  LMAO!

Around 330 Christianity became Romes official religion. I don't think it's far fetched for an emperor (or some well intended civil servant hoping to gain favor) to "lose" that record. Remember, at that time, people were only a few centuries removed. The oral part of the history wasn't that old, with some people of the time having heard it third or fourth hand. Like your grandmother who talks about the time her dad partied with Abe Lincoln, stories that people of the time can relate names and faces to have a different kind of impact than someone reading a book 1,000 years later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: There is no proof that Jesus existed - Benton - 07-13-2018, 03:22 PM