Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names
(07-19-2018, 02:36 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't care for either comment as it paints sections of our country with a broad (and erroneous) brush. On the other hand, I'm tired of hearing about Clinton/Obama. She was a previous lawmaker and presidential candidate who made a generally insulting and divisive comment. That's not really the same thing as the litany of anti-birth control comments, some eloquent, some like this guy's, that have been thrown around over the last decade. It's difficult to discuss an overall issue or policy — or in this case a party with an attitude that half the population doesn't have the right to engage in sex unless it's possible to procreate — when the only answer is "Yeah, but the other side said..." Honestly, it doesn't matter to the discussion if HRC called Trump supporters deplorable. Now, if she called Trump supporters sluts for wanting their birth control to be as protected as a man's erectile dysfunction drugs, then I'd see the reasoning for bringing her in. But I'm pretty sure she just called them deplorable to get down on Trump's level and show she could sling mud, too.

I think you're missing my point. My point is that if you have no problem with Clinton's comments, then you can't be upset at Lewis'. Both people derided a large group of people. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names - PhilHos - 07-19-2018, 03:00 PM