Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names
(07-19-2018, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I get the point. HRC called sexist, racist and homophobic people deplorable, and said they were half of Trump's supporters. 

Ummm, no she didn't. She said "you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic — Islamophobic — you name it." She is explicitly calling half of Trump supporters deplorable racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and/or Islamophobes. The fact that you would try to defend her comments is kinda surprising and disappointing.

(07-19-2018, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Because of that, we now have an unrelated comment brought into many discussions about comments made by lawmakers whose legislation is (arguably) sexist, racist or detrimental to some group or another.

First off, we're not talking about the lawmakers legislation. We're talking about A lawmaker's comments from before he was a lawmaker.

More importantly, the same people who are critical of said lawmaker were okay with the presidential candidate they supported making derogatory comments. I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names - PhilHos - 07-19-2018, 04:12 PM