Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names
(07-19-2018, 04:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wasn't aware that when Obamacare was being argued, all the people who were yelling about ED drugs were merely talking about people in the military and on Medicare.(83% of whom are over 60.)

I don't think that they were. It's the issue of lawmakers — by and large men — not making an issue of how much tax dollars go to a handful of companies for expensive ED drugs, but making a large issue out of birth control.

(07-19-2018, 04:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Ummm, no she didn't. She said "you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic — Islamophobic — you name it." She is explicitly calling half of Trump supporters deplorable racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and/or Islamophobes. The fact that you would try to defend her comments is kinda surprising and disappointing.

Well, I wasn't. I said earlier I didn't like her comment. I don't know how saying she said it is defending her.  Confused 

Quote:First off, we're not talking about the lawmakers legislation. We're talking about A lawmaker's comments from before he was a lawmaker.

His comments before do bear significance as he is a lawmaker now. Clinton, on the other hand, is a retiree, so I'm still not sure what relevance her campaign quote has to do with anything in regard to a sitting lawmaker and how he might legislate. 

Winfield Hancock lost the election to James Garfield. Every once in a while you see something Garfield said or did turn up. Why? Because he was an elected official and had some significance. How often do people discuss Garfield's push for increasing Civil Rights to blacks following the Civil War and someone else responds "Yeah, but Winfield's emails!"?

Quote:More importantly, the same people who are critical of said lawmaker were okay with the presidential candidate they supported making derogatory comments. I just wanted to highlight the hypocrisy. 

That's a deplorably broad brush you're painting with there.  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women names - Benton - 07-19-2018, 04:37 PM