Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security
(07-20-2018, 09:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have an issue with allowing undocumented immigrants the right to vote, but I think that legal permanent residents should be able to register to vote. There are a lot of people who have been living here legally for many years that are disenfranchised. My brother-in-law for instance is a UK citizen. He would have to give up benefits to become a US citizen (and pay a ton of money), so he hasn't done that. He's been living here for decades at this point. Because of this, he is unable to vote in UK elections and in US elections. He is essentially a stateless person because he has no voice in any country.

Like I said above, I have seen arguments for it, and even though it isn't a mainstream idea I see value in it. I'm all for looking at ways we can become a more democratic society and this is one of them.

Do you honestly believe when someone talks about "immigrants" getting the right to vote they think the UK?  Smirk

But I will give someone credit for changing the topic from securing the elections to keeping illegal immigrants from voting.  That kind of spin stake work!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security - GMDino - 07-20-2018, 09:50 AM