Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security
(07-20-2018, 01:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Honestly curious, where does this come from? It’s a statement I’ve heard before but when I ask people they respond with “they all say it” which I generally have brushed off as meaning “nobody.”
https://cis.org/Allowing-NonCitizens-Vote-United-States-Why-Not

Quote:In recent years, a concerted effort has been gathering force to allow new immigrants to the United States to vote without becoming citizens. It is being mounted by an alliance of liberal (or progressive, if you prefer) academics and law professors, local and state political leaders most often associated with the Democratic Party or other progressive parties like the Greens, and community and immigration activists. They are working in tandem to decouple the legal standing to vote from American citizenship.

I'll just take you at your word that you've never heard of suggesting non-citizens be allowed representation from other liberal sources.

As to the response; it was more in jest than anything else. It stuck me as ironic the left demand stricter voting measures.

Have you ever heard of a train of thought that proof of citizenship (Identification) should not be a requirement to vote?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security - bfine32 - 07-20-2018, 09:54 AM