Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-25-2018, 06:42 AM)hollodero Wrote: Neither is Hillary. I don't want them to be men, I just want them to act responsible. But I'm an idiot helping "the other side" when expecting responsibility and attachment to the judicial process from a head of the DOJ. Stupid me. 

Yes, it is implied consent. The youth in its fortitude sure took it that way. But sure, doesn't matter the "play doh" of the less chanty youth is the problem at hand. Sessions' youth is good, they are brave, mature and want to throw Hillary in jail without due process. What's there not to applaud.

I guess one could only see that as nothingburger if one did not have a problem with "lock her up" chants in the first place. While for me, it is a symptom.

Four years ago, chanting for imprisonment of a political opponent would universally have been thought outrageous. [If Holder just as much as nodded towards a group demanding jailtime for Trump or anyone really... I leave the reaction to the imagination. "Nothingburger!" would not have been the headlines.]
Two years ago, suddenly that's not a big deal. So what, they chant lock her up. Don't be a snowflake about that.
Now, it is the more mature youth in their fortitude chanting it, and it's good, at least they're not "crisis dogs". An AG just chuckles at it. Hey, nothingburger, he "chuckled and moved on!" What more is there to be expected really.

And in two years' time, new nothingburgers comes along, thought shocking, maybe devastating six years ago. All normalizes in increments.

I'm just slow. I still find "lock her up" chants incredibly creepy, dangerous and demanding utter, universal condemnation at all times. I find that to be the opposite of democratic western values. But sure, that's only me.

I could be wrong, but to me lock her up has always implied a trial.  "Try her by a jury of her peers, find her guilty beyone a reasonable doubt and then lock her up" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - michaelsean - 07-25-2018, 09:58 AM