Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-25-2018, 11:54 AM)hollodero Wrote: Oh, for sure, the right does of course not have any kind of monopoly on these kinds of folks and groups.
The big difference would be, that democratic politicians, let alone high-ranking ones, let alone ones that were actually responsible for that sort of action, would not have reacted in that manner. Imagine Holder saying, "haha, send Bush to Guantanamo, I heard that a lot lately" to a crowd chanting that very thing, in the midst of showing said group all-around approval.
You think that would have been seen as normal? Acceptable? Half as bad, they sure meant due process? I don't know, but I don't think so.

Could be right also. Still spooky. When democracies are undermined by a "strong-man" system, this is exactly the kind of thing that would fit the bill for an initial step. Calls for imprisonments of a political foe are ok now. I'm not saying that's the path the US takes, I just explain how I think it's spooky.

If you are right and their intention was just toss her in the dungeon, then I completely agree. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - michaelsean - 07-25-2018, 12:03 PM