Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm a Millennial. My adult jobs have lasted 4 years (layoffs) and my current one is at 6. My income isn't much higher than that median shown.

I have no idea if the numbers are accurate; never really claimed they were. The overall point is damaged if the numbers are inaccurate (I say if because the information being thrown around here doesn't show it to be), but the overall point that the current economic situation for Millennials is worse than the previous two generations at our age and it isn't getting any better.

The overall point would be that 25-34 year olds are doing exactly as well as they were 40 years ago. That may not be fantastic news but it’s not horrible and it’s nowhere near the point he was trying to make. It’s horribly inaccurate. I mean I don’t think anyone believes that age group was making the equivalent of $139,000 in 1977.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - michaelsean - 07-25-2018, 08:01 PM