Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums
(07-27-2018, 04:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, it sucks, but again, we're supposed to be a land free from tyranny. I don't see how you can claim freedom while forcing citizens to purchase something they may or may not need.

Because you also live in a society?
How come you can't see health care as some kind of tax. Something you contribute to society so society can flourish and you alongside it. Universal healthcare just is a good idea for running a society, it's cheaper overall, plus everyone gets the care he really needs no matter his wealth (which is undeniably, I'd say so, good for a society). One might disagree with that politically, but doing it with the constitution... seems like a stretch.

Do you see taxes as a form of tyranny? They pay for roads, schools, police, aircraft carriers, Scott Pruitts desk.... now one might not personally need one or more of these things. Someone who doesn't have kids doesn't personally need schools. But still schools are good to have and taxes funding schools aren't tyranny. Is a logic I wonder if it couldn't be applied.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums - hollodero - 07-30-2018, 10:30 AM