Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump tweets skepticism about 3D-printed guns. But his administration cleared the way
(07-31-2018, 04:23 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm ok with 3d printed guns. I don't think they're anything better or worse than what's already covered by existing laws, like the '88 undetectable firearms act. Hell, I'm form the South. Give me a few minutes in a hardware store and I can Macgyver you up some kind of firearm. 

Our problems aren't caused by firearms, they're caused by crappy people. Nobody wants to address that with mandatory gun licensing (training), less access to the mentally ill, etc., but that's the fix. 

I can mass produce these guns though with precision vs your hardware store example which will offer low quality and most likely be far more time consuming and hard to replicate. These guns are relatively reliable reportedly with designs that will only get better the more people tinker with them. For the cost of $200 I can get a 3D printer capable of making these guns and then each additional gun after that is $25 in materials. You don't think organized crime members aren't interested in cheap untraceable guns that they can carry into any "secure" facility in the U.S.? Why do we have background checks if we are going to allow this since any nut with a 3D printer can just make his own gun?

It literally undermines having any of our current gun laws as non of them are enforceable if this is allowed to go on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump tweets skepticism about 3D-printed guns. But his administration cleared the way - Au165 - 07-31-2018, 04:42 PM