Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Insider ranks Bengals #2 receiving corps in the NFL
(08-31-2015, 08:52 AM)djs7685 Wrote: We aren't just comparing receivers in a vacuum though.

Sanu isn't the guy you want to be your #1/#2, but he's definitely the type of guy that you want to be your slot receiver/WR3/guy that sees the 4-5th most targets.

I do find it funny that you always cry that our receivers are "running the wrong routes" while you're one of the biggest apologists for other players on the team. MLJ and Sanu both play the position just fine from a technicality standpoint, and A.J. isn't far behind them. But hey, I guess if we just throw out some names of some of the best technical receivers of all time that it will obviously make our #2/3/4/5 receivers look a lot worse, nice strategy there Rolleyes

This is just stupid. It's like saying that Gio can't be considered a good backup because Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and Barry Sanders have done certain things better than him. Silly argument is silly.

Actually if you could take off the anti-Andy glasses for just a little bit you would see that I am far from alone in calling out our receivers for issues with running correct routes and playing the ball correctly. For example, it wasn't by pure chance that NFLN had an entire screenshow ready with AJ Green screw-ups. And they mentioned our other WRs too. So, no they do NOT play the position "just fine" from a technical standpoint. For example, having our "possession" WR lead the NFL in drops should concern anyone.

I think that speaking in terms of physical skills we have a great core of WRs. But they BADLY need to be coached up to play the position well also. And really the last time we had a WR group that WAS properly coached up was when Urban coached up Chad and TJ and Slim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Insider ranks Bengals #2 receiving corps in the NFL - Joelist - 09-06-2015, 11:02 PM