Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Could Still End Up Best Bengal QB Ever
and really not that crazy to consider. If I said who is Packers best QB ever, some might say Brett Favre, some might say AaRon Rodgers. I would say wait, hold on. Bart Starr took Packers to NFL Championship all through the 1960's.

I mention Starr who in his day people talked of Unitas, Jurgenson. In Dalton's time people talk of other QB's. Yet Starr knew how to win and Dalton has 5 play-off seasons for Bengals. I see them as blue collar workers at QB who go to work and get the job done. I could add Len Dawson as a blue collar winner. Also Ken Stabler. You can get to the Super Bowl with these type quarterbacks. More known for winning than a Johnny Unitas or John Elway arm. Joe Montana was kind of blue collar winner, but at Notre Dame and 49ers was best 2 minute drill late game QB that I ever saw. If Dalton can be a veteran who now reads defenses far better than a rookie, veteran enough he now see's the whole game, knows the game, mentally ahead of many players on the field during game. It does happen that a player reaches a veteran point where the game becomes easier to them as everything just kicks in mentally. It happened to Ken Anderson in 1981. I guess I'm talking Leadership. Veterans who step on the field and are no longer rookie apprentice but skilled craftsmen. Veteran QB's who just have reached total leadership. They dominate and are hard to beat. We have all seen these type veteran QB's. Dalton could become such a veteran field general.

Now some teams have several Hall Of Fame QB's. The Bengals don't even if I think Ken Anderson should be in. The Bengals have had a lot of losing seasons in the 50 year history. That's just a fact. If Dalton who already has the often losing franchise in 5 play-offs, if he goes to more play-offs and wins in play-offs and makes Super Bowl run. Certainly he would become most winning QB for Bengals ever and aren't wins what true fans want to see.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton Could Still End Up Best Bengal QB Ever - kevin - 08-04-2018, 07:05 AM