Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Could Still End Up Best Bengal QB Ever
(08-08-2018, 01:42 AM)kevin Wrote: I already rank him above Carson Palmer of just 2 play-off seasons and 0-2 in play-offs here.  

The 5 Bengals Play-Off Season Quarterbacks
1. Ken Anderson
2. Boomer Esiason
3. Andy Dalton
4. Carson Palmer
5. Virgil Carter

He wouldn't need a Super Bowl win to go into #1.  Boomer only had 2 play-off seasons here.  Dalton has 5.  A 6th play-off season and winning in play-offs to me puts him over Boomer.   Now Anderson had 4 play-off seasons here and that great 1981 season. Still, Dalton could go past even him with an AFC Championship.  The window of opportunity is still open for AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap to get to a Super Bowl. The 5 play-off seasons when they were all young may mean as veterans they get there if the blocking and tackling and team work of other players gets on track.   Hey, I'm all for Super Bowl Bengals in 2018 season.  WHO DEY.

Both Boomer and Kenny earned MVP honors and made SB appearances. Those count for a lot of points IMO.

Playoff appearances are nice, but I'll have to see a few wins before considering him on par with those two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton Could Still End Up Best Bengal QB Ever - Shake n Blake - 08-09-2018, 12:45 PM