Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nunes secretly recorded at fundraiser: We have to protect Trump from Mueller
(08-09-2018, 07:11 PM)hollodero Wrote: I get that he doesn't want his party to lose power. There's nothing wrong with that.

Regarding Trump, I read his words differently than you though. He says if Mueller doesn't clear the president... that's about Mueller, not the Dems. And if Mueller finds dirt on Trump (ie not clear him), I don't think the translation "Dems won't be fair" applies. In that case, Congress has no business to clear the president.

Admittedly, I consider Nunes to be a non-patriot who puts party over everything. Not based on a recording. But maybe that's why I read it like "...we need to protect the president even if Mueller finds he committed a crime." To me that sounds like Nunes.

When Nunes said, "if ... Mueller won’t clear the president," I don't think Nunes is going to think that Trump did anything wrong hence, I see his words being something like, "if Mueller doesn't clear the president then it's our job to do so" with the assumption that Trump didn't do anything wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nunes secretly recorded at fundraiser: We have to protect Trump from Mueller - PhilHos - 08-10-2018, 06:21 PM