Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Left Handed Admiration Thread
(08-10-2018, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: When I was a little kid, first learning to write, whatever age that is, I had a teacher who would take the pencil out of my left hand, smack the back of my hand with a ruler, put the pencil in my right.  She'd walk away, back to the left hand the pencil would go.  I walked around with welts on the back of my hand.

One night at dinner, my dad asked me what happened to my hand.  I told him.  He went ape shit.  He took off work the next day, took me to school.  Walked me to my classroom, stood in the doorway, told the mean old bat that God decided I'd be a lefty and he'd be damned if some old cow was gonna overrule God.

They actually broke my mothers hand in school to force her to write with her right hand. Amazingly she had absolutely beautiful handwriting and never used her left again.  
I'm left handed eating, writing, drawing and smoking of all things and I naturally  "hang" left so I have to hold on to pee or everything hits the seat and floor .  Yeah, probably too much information.. Come to think about it, I'm a lefty pee-er.. That's a technical term , pee-er..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Left Handed Admiration Thread - McC - 08-09-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: The Left Handed Admiration Thread - grampahol - 08-11-2018, 12:35 AM