Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Dallas Should Be A Nice Workout Test
I think PA's problem with us may have been partly himself and partly team ownership and coaching at higher levels.  I'm not giving him a pass by any means, but I do think that fans at times tend to blame every player's failures at the feet of coaches when sometimes teams just have the wrong players, the old square peg/round hole syndrome.  This team had some very good offensive line players over the years who probably would have done well under any offensive line coach, but PA was a victim of the perfect storm of  our best players leaving and some really bad players getting drafted and to top it off I think his coaching philosophy just wasn't suited to turning poor draft picks into great players. The fact of the matter I think is Og and Fisher were and are under-performers who will never live up to the standards our oline was used to being.. Was that the fault of PA? Perhaps ,but if Dallas's offensive line remains a top line for years to come and ours remains as bad as it has been the past few years it'll be harder and harder to keep blaming it all on PA.. 
Truth is I'd love to be able to blame it all on the failure of one man ,but that's the easy excuse . I suspect the problems come from much further up the chain of command .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At Dallas Should Be A Nice Workout Test - grampahol - 08-16-2018, 11:43 AM