Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade
(08-17-2018, 11:30 AM)Benton Wrote: I live in a small town, but I like what we do. Every year for about 18 years now, there's a family that organizes a veteran's luncheon. The lady who started it was a teacher. She would have her kids present flags, sing the anthem and usually give a really brief reading. Then lunch.

All volunteer. Takes about 30 people and two days of cooking for an hour long lunch. But it draws in 300-400 hundred veterans (and their spouses) from across the region and lets them know they are appreciated.

No giant parade, no grandstanding. If a politician shows up, no politicking. 

My town still has a Memorial Day parade that morning of. Bunch of vets either walk or are in cars, and heads towards the main cemetery which ends with a ceremony. It used to be quite an event couple of decades ago when a lot of the WW2 vets were still alive. But now that almost all of them have passed along with any Korean vets as well, its really a couple dozen or so Vietnam vets if that even, with a handful of Gulf War and post 9-11 vets.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade - Millhouse - 08-17-2018, 01:59 PM