Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade
(08-17-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This seems a bit unusual.  How much security do we need to protect hundreds of armed soldiers.  I am guess that by "security" they mean guns aimed at the spectators to make sure they show respect.  Trump learned about enforcing mandatory patriotism from his little buddies Kim and Vladimir.

If you think our military would parade with armed soldiers, you don't know our military. There would be no ammunition in those weapons.

(08-17-2018, 01:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It kind of cracks me up when people complain about government spending when it's spending on something they disagree with. I know I'm guilty of it myself and I know this is one of those "bipartisan" thinigs where both sides are guilty but it still is something that makes me laugh.

This is why I don't complain about spending and instead comment on how the funds would be better served going towards programs like healthcare, housing, or job training for our citizens.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pentagon postpones Trump's military parade - Belsnickel - 08-17-2018, 03:15 PM