Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Globe gets bomb threat after editorial blasts Trump's Media Attacks
(08-17-2018, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He probably said "fake media", but the problem is that he defines "fake news" as anyone who disagrees with him.  So basically he is saying that any media that does not agree with the state is an enemy of the people when in fact a media that does not agree with the State is one of the biggest protectors of our freedoms.

That is why all dictators insist on controlling the media.

(08-17-2018, 05:34 PM)Benton Wrote: Linking stuff isn't easy atm, but, yes. Media is the enemy of the people and full of hate.

"Heading to Helsinki, Finland – looking forward to meeting with President Putin tomorrow. Unfortunately, no matter how well I do at the Summit, if I was given the great city of Moscow as retribution for all of the sins and evils committed by Russia.....over the years, I would return to criticism that it wasn’t good enough – that I should have gotten Saint Petersburg in addition! Much of our news media is indeed the enemy of the people and all the Dems......know how to do is resist and obstruct! This is why there is such hatred and dissension in our country – but at some point, it will heal! "

https://votesmart.org/public-statement/1259535/tweet-heading-to-helsinki-finland-looking-forward-to-meeting-with-president-putin-tomorrow-unfortunately-no-matter-how-well-i-do-at-the-summit-if-i-was-given-the-great-city-of-moscow-as-retribution-for-all-of-the-sins-and-evils-committed-by-russiaover-the-years-i-would-return-to-criticism-that-it-wasnt-good-enough-that-i-should-have-gotten-saint-petersburg-in-addition-much-of-our-news-media-is-indeed-the-enemy-of-the-people-and-all-the-demsknow-how-to-do-is-resist-and-obstruct-this-is-why-there-is-such-hatred-and-dissension-in-our-country-but-at-some-point-it-will-heal

Yeah, I get all that and it appears to be a little different than promoting the stance that he say "The Media is the enemy of the people". He seems to be referring to a select population; but I get why folks want to push the narrative.

As I have said: His comments toward the media are inexcusable, but when we try to make more of them that what they really are aka: The Media is the enemy of the people, we play right into his hands.   It's sorta like when he call MS-13 animals it quickly becomes all immigrants are animals.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boston Globe gets bomb threat after editorial blasts Trump's Media Attacks - bfine32 - 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM