Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl or sustained success?
Which would you prefer?

A team that is consistently making the playoffs and competing for the championship but just falls short

or

one perfect season where the team goes all the way and wins the Superbowl but for 20 years either side of it has minimal success.

The reason I ask is that is the exact scenario that the other team in my life had. I support the Wests Tigers in the National Rugby League here in Australia. Since 1990 they have made the playoffs on 3 occasions, the last time being in 2011 and on the weekend loss a game that put them out of the running for the playoffs for this year.

Though in 2005 a miracle happened and despite being second last in the competition at the halfway part of the season they stormed through the 2nd half of the year and won the competition. Before that year they hadn't made the playoffs in 15 years and after that year it was another 5 years before they would make the playoffs again.

So what would you prefer, a team that is always competing but just falls short or that one perfect year where a miracle occurs?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Superbowl or sustained success? - AussieBengal - 08-20-2018, 03:30 AM
RE: Superbowl or sustained success? - J24 - 08-20-2018, 07:27 PM